Friday, October 22, 2010

Real Life Expereinces

           










           I still remember when I was young, after I came back from preschool, I would be very happy because I didn't have any homework to do. I only did it in school during lesson. So, the rest of the time, I just played. I still remembered that I always cycled and played badminton in the courtyard with my brothers and neighbors. Besides that, my parents did not send me to any extra lesson such as English class, piano class or drawing class. So, I did not have much stress on any  homework or attending any extra classes. I really enjoyed and appreciated that I had a wonderful childhood.
            However, the children nowadays are very busy all the time. Regardless weekday, weekend and holiday, their time was always full and pack with schedules. During last semester break, I went back to my hometown, I saw my nieces who are 4 years old (Angel) and 6 years old (Louise) were busied on their homework and attended extra classes. After they came back from school, they needed to finish their homework as soon as possible. I saw their writing and homework were very deep and complicated as well. After finish their homework, they still needed to attend tuition and piano classes. They don't even have the chance to cycling around their neighborhood and playing around with each other. Or as a matter of fact, they don't have any childhood like I did.
            One day, I heard some “interested stories” from my mother (My mother is currently taking care of my 2 nieces). Angel asked my mother, why they need to have so many homework from school, and cannot have a nice nap in the afternoon after school? Why their mother likes to rub off the writing that they had done? They think that, they had done nicely and feel satisfied with their work and need to rewrite? Why they need to attend so many extra classes? Why they cannot spend their time playing in the playground? She keeps asking all those questions and feels unhappy.
            I feel that we should let children have enough time to rest and have their own play time. I really feel pity on what they had experienced. It is because their mind full of questions and unhappy on their daily experiences. We know that children are actively learned through play. In childhood time, they should not have much stress in compete with other children. They need to have their own choice in choosing the activities that they are interested in. I had tried to tell her mother about that, but she thinks that this is their critical time to learn things and they should learn as much as possible. I feel sorry for children nowadays :(

                                                                                                                         Loh Shu Hui

No comments:

Post a Comment